Sunday, April 20, 2014

Betwixt

Life never ceases to give us surprises each day. You can either meet a new friend, a new enemy, a new crush, a new lover, or a new mistress and any one of these can either make you or break you. Whichever it will be, it will surely change a portion of your life, small or big. This month has been very crazy.

Like C-R-A-Z-Y. I have met a lot of new people because of this new hobby of mine. Working out. I just started to love working out, sweating out all the insecurities and self pity that I have felt for a while and it has really helped me in a way. I am not the emotional type of person who envies every supermodel bod I see. There's just this one person in my life who never stops to remind me how imperfect I am. Physically. At first it didn't seem to affect me, but if you ever experience a daily dose of discouragement from another person, even after you struggled just to look at least a little bit close to beautiful, you will really get tired of it. I did. It's not that I could do anything to stop him from saying those horrible things to me but I really got to the point when I questioned myself, "Do I really look that awful?".

So I kept a certain distance between me and this guy for a while and I tried to socialize a bit but all I got were compliments. A lot of them actually said I was gorgeous. It was unbelievable! Then I decided to hit the gym and treated all the bad things he said to me as inspiration to achieve my goal. I told myself I should be fit and healthy so I could never hear those nasty things from him ever again. I was determined.

Then I met a lot of new friends at the gym, like a LOT. But there was this one man who became my best friend. I know, it's far fetched, but he was really the best guy friend ever! The first time we talked was on mobile and we talked until 3 am! 3 FUCKING AM! At first I thought he was just like the other guys who gets so patient talking to a girl until he gets what he want, if you know what I mean. The next time we talked was on person already. We went out for drinks, sang on the karaoke, and I slept on his room. I was blacked-out-drunk and I slept on another man's room on the first night we got out. What a slut, right? I even thought we would have sex that night. Even though I couldn't remember how I got there in the first place. I really thought we would have drunk sex. BUT WE NEVER DID. Okay, we kissed. Not just once, nor twice. We kissed a lot of times. :)) We kissed drunk (he said), we kissed sober. Then it hit me.

This man slept beside me last night, knowing I was very drunk, and he was also drunk too! Practically he could have done anything he wanted to, to me. Yet he didn't. That is the only reason that I said HE'S THE BEST GUY FRIEND EVER! After what happened, everything happened faster. We got close fast, we talked for five hours or more a night, until we became best of friends. I was already telling him everything. He was telling me everything. It was the best feeling! I was really happy to have met someone like him, on the gym! We were from entirely different worlds, yet we still met betwix. Well anyway, you never know.

That's just it. You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment